Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Obama should continue with date night




The conservative right has done a number on Obama in the media related to his date nights with Michelle. What a farce! I wish they could find an issue of substance to harp on. From my perspective, Obama is acting like a true role model for all of us. Despite the down economy, we should all try to get out and provide our own stimulus. Second, I think we all would be well served if we spent more one on one time with our wives, girlfriends, partners. In these stressful times, it is the close relationships that we have that can make the world a better place. Personally, I have just concluded a date weekend with my wife to Las Vegas and it has helped me leave the stresses of the world behind and to help us reconnect. Our daily schedules inclusive of two full time jobs, two children, and all that goes in between just don't give us a chance to talk like we were able to do. So I support date night, even if it is at taxpayers expense. He is the leader of the free world and does need some protection. And following the president that took more vacation time off than any other in history, this expense is justified and nominal.

No comments: