Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Move Phase 1


What can only be described as Phase 1 of the move is now complete. Jennifer and the kids flew out early on Monday morning. It was so hard to say good bye to them as they stumbled into the taxi a bit bleary eyed at 5:30 am. I was on the edge the entire day thinking in my mind the challenges that Jen had to encounter with two very tired kids and me not there to coax or cajole them from taxi to check in to security to plane. Of course I could not rest easily until I knew they were safely on terra firma.
My diversion for the day was the interaction with the movers that arrived promptly at 8:30 am. In one day they had about 85% of the flat wrapped. Today they finished the remainder. Being here alone is the hardest part. Staying at a hotel on the corner means that each day I wake up in my old neighborhood. One that I lived for two years where I watched the kids grow and learn about live in London. My body is still here but my spirit is gone. How I long to be with them at nammies house right now enjoying monster ball soup (as Abby calls it).
Tomorrow the sea container arrives at 9 am. It will be loaded in a few hours and then I am off to the office for an afternoon of meetings. I try to focus on the matter at hand but I am mostly focused on when I can be with Jen and the girls again.
Phase 2 of the move starts tuesday when our warehouse items arrive and are unpacked. During this time we have a number of high priority items to buy including a bed, tv, oh and a car.
The final phase of the move occurs when the sea shipment arrives in 4-6 weeks. By then we'll be safely in our new routines.
I am anxious to see Hannah's new school and settle into our new routine. The best part of each day is when Abby wakes up and knocks on our door to say "Its the morning time".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) I think I need to provide you real photos for your blog. : )
2) I found and ate at the jewish deli in La Jolla - the area I work in San Diego. It's waiting for you. - And I got a real black n white cookie!!!

-stephanie

Adam G. Chaikin said...

Nannie, If you think you can coax me out to SD because they have a really good deli and authentic black and white cookies, you are absolutely correct. Now, where are you going to put up the four of us?? Seriously, the girls (all of them) miss you. We need to figure out a way to get together. We have extra room if you want to come and stay for a while.

Anonymous said...

You all can stay with me in my lil studio of course. Since all my furniture is still in VA there is plenty of floor space especially when the murphy bed pops up. It does have a great pool. I'll let you know when I find my rich investor to help me buy my townhouse near the beach.
-stephanie

Adam G. Chaikin said...

Rich Investor, Jen just told me about your stalker. Maye you can hit him up for high class housing... and then dump him. Nah... you need to come and visit your nieces.