Wednesday, June 11, 2008

AICPA Tech + 2008


This week I attended the annual Technology conference for technologists, like me, in the AICPA. Hands down the best one I have attended and definitely planning on attending next year.

Firstly, we're in Vegas again which is my favourite destination.

Second,the same high quality speakers are back including Dr. Bob Spencer (whose site I have included as a link on my right hand bar) and Randy Johnston. They are what I consider to be the best of the best in this field, are dynamic and engaging. I have included a link to Randy's company site as well on the right hand tool bar. Great reference for hardware and software recommendations if you are a buyer. The site is continuously updated as well.

Lastly, the topics this year really hit the mark. My favourite topics this year were:

Security

Virtualization

Web 2.0

SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

Other notables:

This year Greg Lafollette's session on blogs, podcasts and social networks was fantastic. Greg manages a number of cutting edge tech publications and podcasts expertly named (insert link) "at the crossroads of technology and accounting" which seems to be where I have lived for most of my career.

Best newcomers this year hands down were Justin Spencer, Dr. Bob's son and Edwin Aoki. Justin did a session on search engine optimization that rocked. Great to see that the apple does not fall far from the tree! And also, Edwin Aoki which did a great session on Web 2.0 products and services.

If you are a CPA and involved with Technology, this annual meeting is a must.

Did you attend? Tell me how you enjoyed it.

No comments: