Saturday, November 10, 2007

There was evening, there was night, the second day…


Day two starts at a more reasonable hour. I am running the streets of San Fran at 4 am with my i-pod on and am thinking about all of the things that need my attention back in the office. Things are stressful for me now. I get back to the hotel and am in Starbucks by 5 am (that is NOT me by the way- its a file photo of some dude) to do e-mail and make calls to the UK. I am having a bit of a crisis and that continues to unfold. I take my 7 am call from the hotel and that makes me late for the taxi to day two.

Day two of strategy council is cool. We discuss how Oracle plans to weave Web2.0 concepts into its EBS solution. Now this is cool. How can we use tools that people use every day to drive productivity? I am on the edge of my seat with ideas and gushing them out all over AJ, AR and Steve. AJ is amused at first and then bored. I am excited. I see he is simmering on a few issues we learned earlier in the day that may materially alter our roadmap. It seems that the direction that Oracle has chosen on scanning technology cuts across some work that we have lined up for this year. He is troubled. I am talking with my hands and getting excited about things.

The afternoon is good too. Terrance Wampler provides an update on R12.1. Right! 12.1 is being discussed because Terrance has already moved on to newer things. I like the update and take good notes. I love when Oracle uses terms like ‘Superior Ownership Experience’. Firstly it makes me think I am buying a BMW, second, it’s like who else is there? You have basically acquired everyone else so superior to who?

Day two ends with a review of OOW sessions and I am on my way. I do some shopping and head to the hotel.

No comments: